|Release Date:||28 / 02 / 2022|
The Playdate SDK is a series of tools that allows for the creation of games via either C code or Lua scripting language code (with the C code being more performant overall). It includes a Playdate Simulator that can be used to easily play and debug in-development games on a PC without needing to move games to a physical Playdate. Libraries are included with the Playdate SDK that will make certain operations like drawing graphics, playing sounds, detecting collisions and other functionality easier than doing them from scratch.
The SDK was released on the 28th of February, 2022.
- Inside Playdate documentation (Lua)
- Inside Playdate documentation (C)
- Designing for Playdate documentation (based around designing user experience more than proper coding)
- Programming Playdate YouTube video
- Getting Started with the Playdate SDK (Windows-based)
- Everything About Playdate SDK Collisions in 7 Minutes